HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEW BROWS:
We have had the best results with the “dry” healing method. It makes the healing process easier for everyone! Just sit back, relax, and let them heal all on their own
If necessary, we recommend gently washing the tattooed area with lukewarm water and a soft paper towel AT MOST 2-3 times a day. DO NOT use hot water as it can burn and irritate the area. Pat your brows dry (DO NOT RUB THEM) and keep them out of the sun throughout the healing process.
Do not apply any cosmetics in this area for at least two weeks. Just keep the area clean and let it breathe.
If your skin starts to feel tight and dry after your brows have completely dried out, you may use a small amount of all-natural, fragrance-free moisturizer. However, we recommend avoiding any moisturizer if possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker, bolder in color, and sharply defined. This appearance can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place.
The treated area may feel a bit like a sunburn after the procedure, but the discomfort should be minimal. During the initial healing period, you’re likely to experience minor scabbing or flaking of the skin. If you do experience some scabbing or flaking, DO NOT PICK IT. Allow the scab or dry skin to fall off on its own.
The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks. When the process is complete, the true color of the tattoo will be evident. While it heals, your tattoo will soften and lighten as your skin is regenerating and naturally exfoliating. It will take at least 6 weeks to see the true color of the tattoo as it will take on new strength as it heals. Also, after just 6-8 weeks, you may have touchups or adjustments done.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any soaps, shampoos, or other cleansers on the treated area for the first five days as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilize in the dermis.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment.
o PLEASE NOTE: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within one to two weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first two weeks. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin, or any other petroleum based products while healing.
- DO NOT bleach, tint, or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- DO NOT apply any anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids.
- DO NOT thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- DO NOT exercise or sweat for a few days prior to the procedure and for one week after.
- DO NOT go in swimming pools, hot tubs, or other bodies of water for two weeks after the procedure.
- DO NOT soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly on your face for two weeks following the procedure.
Exposure to the sun can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment over time. Once the area has completely healed, we recommend you apply sunscreen daily to the treated area. Large sunglasses and hats can offer further protection from the sun.
Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, and chemical face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use will lighten the pigment.
If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician about your tattooing as laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
Once the treated area has completely healed, any touchups or alterations can be performed at your follow-up appointment after six to eight weeks.
Each client’s skin responds differently to these tattooing treatments. The information above is based solely on our experience and we make no guaranty, written or implied, as to the outcome of your tattooing procedure, regardless of whether you follow our guidelines above or not.